Tour of traditional Japanese craft. See a professional kimono workshop that has been producing kimono in Beppu for many years. Experience the culture, skills and techniques used in kimono making.
No tours on Sundays
Prebooking is required.
※ Confirm before 6PM the day before the booking.
(Fill in the form online,
Telephone or Email)
Kimono are part of Japanese culture. There are many different types of Kimonos, for example for our coming-of-age ceremony, wedding kimono etc.
Our tour will introduce the techniques and highly professional skills that are needed to make kimonos, first hand and from very experienced kimono makers.
Our ancestors’ designs developed slowly over many generations through learning and acquired wisdom. They are environmentally friendly and minimum waste is part of the rationale behind the development of kimono.
Using kimono stitching techniques to make your own coaster.
Making your own pin cushion,
with kimono material and Beppu bamboo.
● Confirm before 6 PM, the day before as your booked tour. Check confirmation of your booking via email or telephone. Arrive at the company 5 minutes before the tour start time.
● If you need to cancel your booking, do this by telephone or email at least 2 days before the day of your booked tour.
If you cancel less than 2 days before, you will be charged the cancellations fees explained below.
(1day before: 90% of tour cost.) (The day: 100% of tour cost.)
However, we won’ t charge cancellation fees if the reason is due to weather conditions such as typhoons, heavy rain or if other weather conditions put your life in danger.
● We may have to cancel the tour due to weather conditions.
● We will let you know no later than 2 hours before the start of the tour if we have to cancel.
● The minimum number of people for a tour is 2.
● You are responsible for your personal belongings for the duration of the tour. We are not responsible for any breakages, losses or theft.
● If the tour, at the date and time you request is already fully booked, we are unable to offer you this tour to you. We will appreciate your understanding and patience. Please rebook for another time.
※ In accordance with COVID 19 guidelines, we will check your temperature before the tour. If your temperature is above 37.5°C, you will not be able to join the tour. You must wear mask at all times during the tour.
※ All your information is only used for tour bookings and other services. We will not pass on any personal information to third parties.